SHUT UP AND PLAY
I want to believe a 14-year-old Kate Bush would dance to some of these songs in her room, alone and in the dark.
- JOHN CAGE, first construction (in metal), 1995 (from 1973 live recording), Dolor Del Estamago, I have a fascination with John Cage.I played the 7 inch.
- THE DURUTTI COLUMN, tomorrow, 1986, Factory Benelux, I played the 7inch of this great track, started it at the wrong speed! Sorry! Vini Riley who essentially is the Durutti Column is a genius. I played the original 7 inch.
- THE GOLDEN DAWN, George Hamilton’s Dead, 1989, Sarah, This is Sarah 17, GET THEM ALL. (7 inch played
- THE WAKE, Talk about the past, 1984, Factory Records, The wake have 8 singles and all are quite good. (7 inch played
- THE DROWNING CRAZE, Trance, 1981, Situation Two, 3 singles by the Drowning Craze. I played Storage case on my first show. (7 inch played)
- NEW ORDER, Turn the heater on, 1981, Strange Fruit Recordings, from 1 of 2 New Order Peel Sessions. This is a cover of a great track by Keith Hudson.
- CHAPTER 13, Crisco Disco, 2000, Drive In Records, a nice synth dance track. (7 inch played)
- KARMAN, Poker, 1982, Genetic Music, on Reminiscent Comp released 2004, A fun track from a great multi record box set.
- LOGIC SYSTEM, Unit, 1981, EMI, I played original 7 inch, this is a fun minimal synth record.
- ANNE CLARK, Our Darkness, 1984, 10 Records, Another classic cold wave masterpiece by the queen of spoken word synth. I played 7 inch
- MAX HIM, No Escape, 1984, Crusin Records, A fun dance track that hits all cheesy parts of any good Italo track. 12 single
- MEDIO MUTANTE, Inestable, 2008, Cititrax, A gem in contemporary Spanish Cold wave. 12 inch EP
- AVIADOR DRO, La Vision, 1981, Movie Play, This is like the Spanish synth/ punk DEVO. 7 inch played
- LED ER EST, Fingers curling up, 2008, Avant God, Fun first release by this NY darkwave band. 7 inch played
- NIGHTMARES IN WAX, Black Leather, 1980, Inevitable, Fun track by the band fronted by Dead or Alive singer Pete Burns. 7 inch played, I did not dance to this song when I was young, I misspoke.
- JOY DIVISION, Transmission, 1979, Factory Records, I often danced to this song in my room alone in the dark when I was about 14 years old. 7 inch played